Screw you March...

Ok, really- March can go straight to hell. I know last month I bitched about how much I hated February but really I hate all Februaries. Which by the way- doesn't Februaries look like a totally fucked up word? It doesn't look real, it's freaking me out yet my spell check is telling me it is a word.

Anyways, March I hate for an entirely different set of reasons. All of them personal, lets see there is the broken heart bullshit (which is still making me sad and cry-y), I got my ladytime TWICE (double the cramps, double the exhaustion, etc), work deadlines that made me stresses, feeling like I don't have any direction, questioning myself and general fucking malaise.

Right now I'm drinking whiskey to sooth the cramps, and wishing that I had some mayonnaise to make damn chicken salad. Oh and doing laundry since I've reached Danger! levels when it comes to clean underwear.

Shall we now discuss the other bullshit reason that March sucks balls? They fucking canceled Jericho again. Yes. Wankers. One of the best shows on TV, it consistently rocks the house and it brings the pretty (in the form of Jake and Stanley). I know I had a reprieve last year when it magically rose from the dead (like Jesus) because of it's devoted fans but I fear this year there is no hope. Stupid CBS.

But in the interest of not being all whiney and bitchfaced in this post I'll post some photos from cooking club. I've not posted cooking club photos in while out of sheer laziness, but we've been trucking along each month as always.

Nancy making pasta:




Kate, chopping:


Rolls that I made for dinner:


Crab and avocado salad with blood orange vinegarette:


Sweet potato soup with peanuts and lime:


Roasted balsamic vegetables:


Spinach and ricotta stuffed pasta:


Hummingbird cake:

Labels: , ,

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2008 7:40 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    Oh my god. That spinach and ricotta stuffed pasta looked dee-licious. By the way...you used one of my favorite words in your post...malaise. Nice job.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're very close to April...hang in. I hate March too, but mostly for weather-related reasons.

    That dinner did look amazing...

     
  • At April 02, 2008 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally agree. March was kind of okay for me, but Moose got mega-dumped and has been living on my couch. Another friend got really sick, so I've been shuttling back and forth across the bay. I'm just DONE with all that.

    Your cooking club looks freaking fantastic! We just have ladies night and try to out-lady each other, but actually cooking together might be more fun.

     
  • At April 11, 2008 11:59 PM, Blogger KB said…

    Your pictures made me drool. That last picture of the hummingbird cake looks like it should be in a magazine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home