The Graduate

I woke up this morning with a weight on my chest. It felt like someone was sitting on it and that at some point during the night I had scrubbed my throat vigorously with sandpaper. I have a feeling this one is going knock me on my ass. And I'm not really looking forward to it but if does really knock me down it will give me a chance to watch more Lost.

What? I'm a woman obsessed.

Enough about my boring looming sickness or my obsession with Lost (hey, I'm only 3 years late to jump on that bandwagon). This weekend I got hit on by a dude in his early 20's. Besides the fact that he clearly doesn't remember the first time a Bush or Clinton was in the Presidential Office (not that Hillary is assured of that place) he was also in a punk band. And wearing a leather jacket, with lots of shiny grommits and studs. The kind I suppose punk boys wear. I don't know, I don't have much experience with punk boys, they really aren't my bag.

The thing was he just seemed so damn young and I'm not really into being anyone's Mrs. Robinson.

I'll admit I was flattered. But when he asked me to come to a party with him I realized the music was way too loud, my ears were ringing and I wasn't interested in swilling Pabst for the rest of the night. Sure realizing all that made me feel old, but I'm completely ok with it. I like my music at a reasonable level, I like my beer to taste good and the men I date to understand the difference.

Labels: , ,

Comments

6 Comments:

  • At January 31, 2008 2:50 AM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    Cheers to volume control and being a beer snob. I'm with ya.

     
  • At January 31, 2008 7:35 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    I am with you on that- I remember once I was at a bar, when I thought- good lord! Could they turn that down or what? And then I thought- oh my god, I am so old :)
    Ready for Lost? I am :)

     
  • At January 31, 2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    I'm only halfway through the second season. I think that if I diligently watch DVDs every night for the next week and half I can catch up by the 3rd episode of the new season.

    Ambitious much?

     
  • At January 31, 2008 4:34 PM, Blogger orangek8 said…

    That is a rock solid goal, woman! You can do it! Then we will have a New Season Party Catchup at my house with wine. Or good-tasting beer, even!

     
  • At February 01, 2008 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once I ran to the grocery in an old Lalapolooza(sp)t-shirt and the kid bagging looked at me like a god- "you were there?- that's so crazy"...I might have been wearing a Woodstock t-shirt by his reaction.

    But yay for new Lost! (and shiny grommets:)

     
  • At February 04, 2008 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Younger men can be fun for a little while. They're so endearingly grateful and unspoiled. Then, of course, they call you "mamn" once and it's all over.

    Simons loves watching Lost, but I had to quit. I kept asking him, "What's going on?" to the point where it even annoyed me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home