Damnit, whatever.

There is absolutely no hope of me writing anything resembling a cohesive post today, filled with witty transitions and insightful, pithy observations.

Instead, I feel like a haggy, lumpy, limp-haired old shoe who just wants to sit on her couch and maybe cry a bit while watching a Lifetime or Hallmark movie. (Don't judge me, I actually was disappointed this weekend when I realized my cable provider doesn't offer the Hallmark channel. I often mock and hate the sap of Lifetime, but sometimes there is nothing more delicious than a Tori Spelling made for tv movie in which the nanny steals her baby and then her husband while trying to kill her.)

I tried to take a picture of me wearing the hat I finished this weekend and after 15 shots that nearly brought me to tears I gave up. The damn hat looks like the one a couple of posts ago, except it's blue.

I'm going home soon, at which I've decided I'm going to open that blasted $15 a bottle of champagne that I bought for New Years.Then I'm going to cover my face in a mask that smells like chocolate, pluck my eye brows, repaint the nails I chipped yesterday, and give myself a pedicure. After that I'll probably be drunk enough to start making random phone calls to people. If I've got your number I'd like to apologize in advance for anything I might say.

Then I'll probably pass out.

Good plan.

Labels:

Comments

4 Comments:

  • At February 05, 2008 10:10 AM, Blogger Shannon Erin said…

    These hats you're knitting are one of the reasons I want to learn how to knit. They're gorgeous.

     
  • At February 05, 2008 6:04 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    OK- you can stop showing off those knitting skills anytime now! I'm jealous :)
    I have a few TV guilty pleasures that I cannot reveal...but one involves 'people who we all know from film/tv/sports who are trying to heal from a chemically induced reality'...with Dr. Drew :)

     
  • At February 11, 2008 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, I love your hat! Are you on Ravelry?

    Lifetime movies (someone's purging, getting stalked or abused), knitting and bubbly always make me feel infinitely better. Simons walking in and shrieking in horror at my face masks...not so much. He also gets mad when i trim my toenails on the coffeetable. Tsk, that man is such a priss.

    Hugs.

     
  • At February 14, 2008 12:34 PM, Blogger KB said…

    Ha! I do the same thing when it comes to taking pictures of myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home