Long Days of Summer

Have you ever worked with an organization that really seems to have very little organization?

Sometimes the convoluted way my second job does things makes entirely no sense at all. Lets say person A is in charge of the entire place, but person B who really has nothing to do with the company writes the contracts for the workers. What? There are a multitude of instances like that practically induce me to call them and yell "Seriously? This is how you run a business? No wonder things are fucked up all the time!"

Um, but that would be unprofessional, right?

For the last couple of weeks I've either been gone or had company come to visit. A totally draining situation to say the least. I love all the company I've had lately-but what is it about summer that just causes your social commitments to skyrocket? Are the amount of social events proportionally tied to the rising numbers of the thermometer?

This weekend alone I've got a benefit concert and a purse party (which frankly gives me flashbacks of that Sex and the City episode with Stifler's mom). I'm going to the purse party because my friend asked me to, and unfortunately this means I'll miss the concert. But because I'm a wonderful fucking person I'm sending my friend to the concert with some cash from me to donate.

Right now I'm longing for the cold nights of winter, where no one wants to leave their house and I can snuggle up on my couch with a cup of alcoholic hot chocolate and watch the snow fall (so damn Currier and Ives isn't it?)

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    I'm seriously considering becoming a mute, so tired am I of talking to various people at various social obligations.

    Also, I sympathize with your work situation. When I, of all people, am the most organized person in a company (even if it's a 3 person company), there are serious problems.

     
  • At July 12, 2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Marianne, I think I might join you in a boycott of speaking. I'm just so damn tired of talking.

    It is amazing really that some companies manage to stay afloat at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home