nothing of consequence

I've been seriously boring lately. I've not gone out in weeks, preferring instead to hide from the sub-zero temps by spending ungodly amounts of time squirreled away inside my apartment. Inside, where I'm either staring blankly at the TV or cooking. I think there is some sort of disastrous disconnect in my brain that causes me to forget entirely that I'm one person and end up cooking for about a family of 45. So then I've got entire pans of chicken enchiladas and double batches of Swedish meatballs. Ridiculous.

In good news though I finally finished a blanket I started working on when I was a junior in college. Finish is entirely subjective though because the yarn I bought, lo those 8 years ago, has gone missing. Pth! So I just bound off the edge and considered it done. And since I've finished it I've found it to be the perfect couch companion. It's exceedingly warm and perfect for snuggling under since it is so freaking enormous (originally slated to fit a queen sized bed).

This following bit is stolen from my facebook, but since it took me over a whole day to write I felt it should get a bit more mileage. Also, have I mentioned sometimes I'm epically lazy?

So 25 things about me:

1. I occasionally can be a horrible procrastinator, this is a perfect example considering I got tagged over a week ago.

2. I love a good dirty martini with a shot of hot sauce. Or a glass of bourbon. Or a Bombay Sapphire and tonic.

3. I could easily spend days knitting and being completely happy doing so.

5. Yellow roses are my favorite, hydrangeas are a close second, peonies are third.

6. I have deep and abiding love of good corned beef. A good reuben (with sour cream and mustard instead of thousand island) might be the most perfect food in the world.

7. I could easily spend the GDP of a small ex-U.S.S.R state on makeup and other skin care items from Sephora.

8. I miss playing softball.

9. When I was about 8 I was in a grade school talent show. I've blocked most of it from my memory but do recall there were very sparkly tights, big hair and a choreographed dance routine involving bouncing a basketball.

10. My two favorite books are Pride and Prejudice and East of Eden.

11. I hate eHarmony commercials. I want to throw a lamb shank at those overly happy, smug couples.

12. I want a dog.

13. When I was a little girl I had to wear braces on my legs to correct my walking. I shared an orthopedist with the Cleveland Browns. This makes me feel special.

14. My grandparents gave me a claddagh ring for my Confirmation and a few months later I lost it when I was playing hide and seek in a cornfield. I felt awful about it because I loved that ring, luckily the next time they went to Ireland they bought me another one and I hate to admit I like the second one better than the first. It's prettier.

15. I hate it when people call me Susan or Suzy. Yet I let my Grandmother get away with calling me Suzy, only because she is very old.

16. I remember Sr. Nancy who taught American History would let Katie M and I talk all the time in class and never yelled at us for it. She sure did yell at Devon for telling us to be quiet.

17. Thinking of 25 things has been immensely hard.

18. I'm wickedly allergic to cigarette smoke.

19. I still love the times I had in Apartment #2. The Bitchin' Bitchass Bar was the best home bar ever. It was totally Ro-bitchin'.

20. Apartment #2 had two squirrels that lived on our back porch, we named them Gwen and Ron. Ron fell into our keg bucket and drowned. We felt really bad about that as we dumped him over our porch railing to his final resting place on the roof of the house below us.

21. I love trashy romance novels, especially if they are British period ones.

22. I love to shit talk and am very competitive. Consider that fair warning.

23. I've been weirdly obsessed with the idea of living in Wisconsin for long time. I think it is the availability of cheese curds and lots of breweries.

24. Currently I only have 5 minutes of hot water, my landlord is sending someone out to fix that this next week. Thank god.

25. Even though I don't go out without sunscreen my freckles have suddenly reappeared after having been missing for nearly a decade. I love them.

Labels: , , ,

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At January 27, 2009 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God, me too. I sit at home. I knit. I bake stuff. My life is a freaking hellraiser.

    Come over and knit and drink gin and bitch about stuff with me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home