So very sore+Day in photos

I am totally walking funny today because I asked my trainer to kick my ass. I've totally slacked off on working on for the last month, I just couldn't find the motivation because I was being sad and lame. Whatever. Really I couldn't stand feeling like such shit anymore so I resolved to working out every day again. Also I had a bit of great motivation, that being that my pants are starting to not fit correctly. Which sucks since my pant wardrobe is seriously limited to start with.

As soon as I started back this week I felt better. I got in several good cardio workouts before I asked my trainer to essentially come up with a plan to make my thighs explode. Oh, and he did. Circuits. Lots of squats, lunge-like steps, kicking exercises (which I happen to LOVE. Here let me work out some aggression by kicking the shit out of your (padded) hands.WHEEEE !!!!). Best part was that we ripped through an hour workout in 30 minutes because I could complete each circuit in 11 minutes, I was hauling ass people. He did cut one set of circuits because he didn't want me to be totally fucking paralyzed for the following 2 days.

Yesterday I just did cardio, but there were a couple cute new guys at the gym. And I think one of them might have been checking me out, although it is quite possible he was staring at my extremely red face in horror. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned how I turn the color of tomato whileexercising but here is the other thing about when I'm having a really good workout... I smile. A LOT. Because it feels good. Also because I'm usually listening to some super cheesy pop mix. Yesterday the biggest smiles came from Wind it Up (GwenStefani), Switch (Will Smith), and Faith (George Michael).

With any luck I'll feel more comfortable in my pants in a month, barring any more brownie breakfasts (oops, just one this morning). But I also like to think that eating it early in the day might be marginally better since I've got all day to burn it off. Just let me live on in my delusion,ok?

Lets show some photos, shall we? Tuesday happened to be a particularly fun day, since it didn't involve my usually boring routine of sitting on the couch watching endlessCSI repeats on Spike (CSI is the new Law and Order), I felt the compelling need to document it.

Labels: , ,

Comments

6 Comments:

  • At April 21, 2008 4:19 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    It's nice to see that you chug your fiber from a Molson Canadian glass. :)

     
  • At April 21, 2008 8:08 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    This could be the best blog post ever.

     
  • At April 21, 2008 8:20 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Ian, of course! The best part of that glass is that it says "I'd rather be partying. Oh WAIT! I AM PARTYING!"

    Lincoln, ha. I bet your day in photos would be awesome...hello you occassionally get to play with a bear cub.

     
  • At April 23, 2008 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh, noodle thighs. There's nothing that says "Die, Crippled Bitch, Die!" like squats and lunges. My first day of boot camp, my trainer had us do squats and lunges with PULSES for about 30 minutes. I couldn't get off the couch for two days. Seriously. I was like an upsidedown turtle. After the push-ups, my arms were shot. After all the rowboats and crunches, the abs wouldn't lift me. And my legs were vibrating for days. Oh, the pain! I had to lie there till Simons came home.

    Still, they shrunk 2 inches in 6 weeks. Those lunges, they work.

     
  • At April 23, 2008 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I liek your day in pictures...very fun!

     
  • At May 21, 2008 3:16 PM, Blogger Noelle said…

    That's hilarious. And not in a, "wow, I'm seriously fucking laughing at you and your day to day life" but more like, yea, that's about right, I can relate.

    Hmm, that was a bit wordy. I need a drink.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home