White wash

So I picked up the keys to my new place on Friday, and I'll have to say I was more than disappointed with it. The simple fact was the walls looked terrible, the color was a dirty cream. And by dirty I mean really actually dirty. There was layers of dust clinging to the walls.

I couldn't stand it so I picked up some white paint and went to town. I painted the whole apartment myself in 2 days (everything needed two coats of paint). And to put this delicately- oh my motherfucking god, I'm so fucking sore today that I'm actually walking funny.

But the difference the paint made was astonishing. Everything seemed suddenly cleaner and brighter.

Now my only freakout is the actual moving part. I hate moving, having moved 20-some times in my entire life. I stopped counting a couple of years ago. I've not really packed which I think is causing the main stress, and then there is the secondary stress of things like "oh my god, will my couch fit through the door? What if it doesn't fit? What am I going to do? "

It is so bad that I barely slept last night, I tossed and turned and had lots of nightmares. So not cool.

Here are some before and after photos from the painting extravaganza.

Living room before:


Living room after:


Kitchen before:


Kitchen after:




Bathroom before:


Bathroom after:

Labels: , , ,

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At June 18, 2007 9:17 AM, Blogger Ian said…

    That's amazing. It looks like a different apartment. Kudos on doing the painting yourself. You rock.

     
  • At June 18, 2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    I am a horrible painter. My apartment would definitely look worse if I attempted that.

     
  • At June 18, 2007 4:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Adorable apartment!

     
  • At June 19, 2007 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, is this your actual blog? I'm not going to click on something called 'breast decision' until I get home, so as far as I know this is it.

     
  • At June 19, 2007 1:31 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Yep, this is it Alan. You don't have to click on the breast decision unless you want to hear about a breast reduction. It's an old blog and I probably should delete it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home