Right side of the bed.

This morning had the potential to be the very bad beginning to a day when the smoke detector went off in my bedroom this morning, luckily my house wasn't on fire (although the garage was flooded).

Instead it has turned out to be a good day, I got an exciting phone call this morning, and I'm wearing my fantastic new Nine West wrap dress. Several people have told me how awesome it looks on me. I feel absolutely lovely and sparkly. Plus I'm having post work drinks with friends.

Last night I got a call from my best friend and it turns out that the guy I dated all through high school is getting a divorce and someone said to her: "Skeezix will be really happy when she finds out. Just don't tell her yet, it's not public knowledge."

Apparently everyone in that town lives in a alternate universe where I've been hoping for the demise of my ex's marriage, even though it's been 10 years since we've dated and 4 since I've even seen him. And possibly the reason I'm still unmarried at 27 and live in a town far away so I don't have to see them together because it breaks my heart.

It's like a bad WB series, with lots of orginal music by Paula Cole.

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At July 02, 2007 10:39 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Um this: "It's like a bad WB series, with lots of orginal music by Paula Cole."

    might be one of the greatest lines I've ever read.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home