Baby Lust

I'm heading off this weekend to my sister's for some much needed sisterly time. And hopefully kill the crazy baby-lust that has overtaken my body.

She's got 4 babies, James, who isn't a baby anymore, he'll be 10 this month. How did the time pass so quickly? I remember when he would snuggle up on my chest and we'd take naps together. Now he is boy, actually an 87 year old man trapped in a boy's body.

After that she's got three daughters, Sharon (7), Kayleigh (4), and Stella (almost 1 year).

I've developed a raging case of baby lust. I'm single, with an ok job but with a baby I'd need to make more money, I don't own a home, and physically I'm in the best shape of my adult life which I'm not ready to give up just yet. The list could go on and on, I want to travel more, I'm not quite ready to give up going out every weekend or sleeping in. A baby is simply out of the question, but that doesn't stop my craving for one. I want a neck to snuggle, toes to bite, a belly to blow zerberts on.

Sarah had a post on this topic the other day, and I'm the complete polar opposite of her. Sure there is the part about the overwhelming responsibilty that freaks me the hell out but I've always wanted a family, babies and children and husband and a minivan.

Yes, I want a minivan. Shut the fuck up.

Maybe it is people's comments lately that have turned the smoldering flame of babylust into a full blown fire. At the Maple festival I was holding my friend's baby and out of nowhere she blurted out "You need to have a baby!"

Then my sister on the phone said this morning "I'm going to be so excited when you have a baby I'm going to move in!"

My niece Kayleigh calls me "Little Mommy".

What is the point of spilling all of this on the internet? I don't know, it's been batting around inside my head for weeks now and I just needed to get it out.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At May 04, 2007 4:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What's weird is that as recently as two years ago I wanted nothing more than to be a mother. I don't know why my attitude towards motherhood/children changed, but it did, practically overnight. I suppose it's better to know what I don't want before I inflict an innocent child with my indifference. You'll be great, I'm sure.

     
  • At May 04, 2007 6:26 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    I sort of want to be a dad. I mean, not really, because I make like 8 bucks an hour and I'm incredibly selfish...but....I see the appeal and I hope it happens one day.

     
  • At May 08, 2007 8:27 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I am 100% with you. Complete baby fever happening over here. Every once in a while it's cured temporarily (like after sitting in front of a screaming baby on the plane this weekend) then it comes back like when we were at Central Park watching little kids play little league baseball and my uterus ached because I wanted to have a kid who played little league soooo badly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home