Festival of Maple

Ah, The Maple Festival- that glorious time of year when it a-ok to gorge yourself on delicious maple goodness.

I really wish I could express to the legions of non-locals how wonderful the Maple Festival is. But really it should be self explanatory, because people- it is a Festival. Of. Maple.

Maple candy, maple syrup, maple cocktails, maple stirs, pancakes, maple cotton candy, etc.

Maple stirs are heated maple syrup that you stir until it becomes a smooth and creamy consistency. So delicious:



And of course Maple cotton candy is pretty self explanatory. This is Chet, my best friend's son. I usually hate messy kid (really, really hate them) pictures but this one is hilarious to me because he looks like he could kick someone's ass for touching his cotton candy.



I totally bought three bags of the maple cotton candy and have been slowly feasting on it for the last couple of days. Yesterday I convinced my coworker to join me in the maple cotton candy eating at 9am since technically maple is a breakfast food.

Labels: , ,

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At April 24, 2007 6:41 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    No explanation needed for me. A Maple Festival sounds awesome! I gotta get me some maple cotton candy. On a related note...I worked in Glacier National Park as a bellman at a hotel. A tour guide that always came through would bring us (the bellman) maple cream cookies from Canada. Dee-licious!

     
  • At April 25, 2007 8:15 AM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Lincoln- the maple cotton candy is to die for. It has this soft hint of maple flavor that really makes it.

    Uh, I could wax poetic about it even more but I'll stop.

    Maple cream cookies sound amazing, god I wonder if I could find a recipe online (you know to continue the maple obsession).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home