Allow me to get all Triathlon nerdy on you

Who knew that training for a triathlon would incite such spending lust in me. I could drop whole paychecks on stuff that I want, but I can't do that since I have to pay bills and shit.

But for the sake of discussion here are the things that I want:

Cannondale Padded Ride Shorts ($30), because I only have one pair of shorts that could qualify right now as ride shorts and that is going to be an issue with the weather getting warmer. So realistically I'm going to need several pairs of these:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=24519


Louis Garneau Women's Triathlon Suit, which is awesome because it will allow me to compete in all three events (swimming, biking and running) without having to change for each event. Which means faster transition times that will cut down on my overall time. I'll definitely be buying this ($120) closer to the race in July:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=23419



Clipless bike pedals, I'm not sure what I want or what will be best for me but I bet I'm going to spend about $100 on them.

Forte T2 Areobar ($50), because it just feels better to bend at the waist for distance rides and causes less wind resistance.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=19426&subcategory_ID=10005




Oh, and this- which has absolutely no training or competitive purpose. Rather I love the pattern and color. Plus this company, Athleta, rocks my world. Their stuff is expensive but good (I own a pair of yoga pants that are heaven on my legs), not only that but their models are actual sports people who look healthy and alive and fit and toned.

Athleta Suit (bottoms and tops sold separately but together it will run me about $111):
http://www.athleta.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?






Also, I bought this waterbottle on Tuesday and I LURVE it. It is Camelbak and has a bite/suck straw thing which is awesome. I'd had a regular squeeze/suck waterbottle but I found I was having to suck too hard to get the water and thus filling my stomach with air and that was no good.
www.camelbak.com




And lastly, because I've lusted after it so long I bought myself this jewelry box last weekend. Now it is about a million times bigger than I thought it would be, but it is pretty and everyone keeps telling me I'll grow into it. Pttthhhh.

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At April 12, 2007 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The sports stuff is beyond me, but the jewelry box? Divine. I have a small mirrored box similar to the shape of yours on my desk that holds my office keys and cell phone. Unnecessary? Sure, but it's so pretty! Good luck with your continued training...

     
  • At April 19, 2007 3:49 PM, Blogger Amblus said…

    Nice! Look at all your new bikey stuff! Love it. Let me know how it works out for you.

     
  • At April 19, 2007 3:49 PM, Blogger Amblus said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home