After last night's totally awesome Jericho aired I jumped off my couch and yelled "Fuck YEAH!"

I'm learning that I really do have almost no self control when it comes to spontaneous outbursts. And spontaneous outbursts can be anything, I guess I should really just admit I've got zero self control when it comes to blurting out whatever I want to say. Pthhhh.

In an effort to focus on other things and just see how I do money wise, I'm going to forgo cable and internet at home when I move. I'm looking forward to it actually, I was internetless for several years and I managed just fine. In fact I found it forced me to do the things that I really needed to do instead of spending time looking up random stuff like "Where did the phrase 'three sheets to the wind' come from?" Which was an actual internet search that made me win a bet recently.

But I will be turning the cable on (cable is necessary, we only have one local channel- PBS) come fall so that I can watch 3 hours of television a week- Jericho, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and Grey's Anatomy.

But I won't be completely without modern entertainment, I'll still have my netflix. My dear precious netflix, manna from heaven, akin to baby Jesus's love (or so I've heard).

How come it is the day after I pledge not to spend any money I realize I need a bike jersey, bike shorts, sports cream, new tennis shoes and this dress?

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At May 03, 2007 2:59 PM, Blogger Amblus said…

    Um, you totally need that dress!

     
  • At May 03, 2007 3:15 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    I know! I do have a wedding August that it would be perfect for.

    But it costs about the same as the patio swing i want, so it is a tough call.

     
  • At May 04, 2007 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "My dear precious netflix, manna from heaven, akin to baby Jesus's love (or so I've heard)."

    Oh my...that is a good one! A very good one :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home