Lets get physical.

Lately I've been hitting the gym with increasing frequency (I am gearing up to compete in a sprint triathlon), often going after work/early evenings in addition to my usual morning workouts. The afternoon crowd is vastly different than the morning one, morning worker outers seem to be there on a mission. They want to work out and get out, whereas the afternoon/evening worker-outers tend to like to socialize. I seriously think some of them maybe put in 30 minute workouts while they've been there for hour- so they are spending 30 additional minutes talking to various people.

I have to admit I'm firmly a non-social person at the gym. I like to go and stare off into space for however long I'm there- I don't want to neccessarily talk to anyone else. It is my time to decompress, work through my thoughts, and burn some of the calories I've consumed during the day. So chatting away seems foreign to me, a waste of time really.

In the evening there are also some interesting outfits, this week alone I've seen a woman in jeans, men in dress pants, and several clearly work tops that are not appropriate for the gym. Now I now none of these compare to Molly, who used to see a woman work out in a t-shirt and pantyhose and nothing else, but seriously- what are people thinking when they come to gym dresses oddly?

I'd also like to take a moment to address the personal trainers at my gym.

Dear Personal Trainers:

Stop standing between the motherfucking cardio machines. There is approximately 12 inches of space between them, which means while you are talking to your client half your body is invading onto my eliptical machine. There is plenty of room in front of the machines, like a whole 4+ feet of space. I do not like having your ponytail brush my arm, which is sweaty from the working out which then causes your hair to stick to my arm. So move your ass out of my personal space before I yank your pony to make you move. Please and thank you.

I would also like to wonder why someone is paying you over $20 an hour to watch them walk on a treadmill or slowly peddle on an elpitical anyways? You really aren't advising them in any way, just standing there making small talk to them while they slowly (s.l.o.w.l.y.) trot along. Maybe some people need that much supervision? I guess I'm just a cheap because it seems a bit pointless.


Not so much love-
Saucy Trollop

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home