I've got a crush...

So who was your first crush?

I think we all remember that person who first made our hearts pound and our heads feel light. Mine, was Brian Cash.

Oddly, as time has faded the particulars of this crush from head but I still remember his name and his sandy brown hair. That is about it, I couldn't tell you one substantive thing about him such as his favorite color or his middle name.

I moved away from Texas when I was in 4th grade, which effectively meant that I left my crush for him behind. And with the fickleness of a youthful heart I replaced him with another (and yet another and so on). But still I'll remember his white teeth and tanned skin (ok, it was Texas in the 80's- everyone had tanned skin), and I fully believe he was potentially horrified by the awful, awful perm I had on my short hair.

If I actually had a photo of that hair on my computer I would share it but I don't and all I've got is this pre-permed photo of myself from about the age I first developed a crush on Brian.



And this very sweet video has people talking about their first crushes:

Labels:

Comments

1 Comments:

  • At October 04, 2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Shannon Erin said…

    My first crush was Jim Dybas. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm not a fan of blondes now, but back then I thought he was the cat's pajamas.

    I kissed him on the cheek behind the moveable chalkboard when we were in kindergarten. I was easy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home