Daydream Believer.

I'm daydreamer. And a fan of the Monkees, these are two very important things you should know about me.

I spend at least portion of my day lost deep in thought, so if you see me wandering around and I don't acknowledge you it is probably because I'm off in another place entirely.

When I was little I had an imaginary friend, her name was DeeDee. She was a half mouse/half human hybrid that lived in the stairs of my house with her mother. To this day I can see her in my mind, she's not changed one bit since my childhood. And although she's been replaced by my musings about real people and places she'll always have a place in my stairs, where ever I may live. Even if my father did accidentally eat her one night when I handed her to him. Granted he had no idea what his 2 year old daughter was doing and assumed it was a game of 'Here Daddy, eat this!"

Luckily imaginary friends bounce back very quickly from injury.

I've had entirely imaginary conversations with people in my head. In fact I've probably imagined one with you.

Yes, you.

Sometimes they are completely nonsensical things and others they are sometimes pretend rehearsals for what I'd really like to say. That doesn't mean when it comes to the actual real life conversation I don't trip and fall all over my words. Because I do, I also apparently trip and fall over my own feet. Or the bathtub. Or a chair. These are all actually objects I've fallen over in the last 3 months, clumsiness is a new thing I've apparently aquired.

It isn't just conversations that might actually take place, I've also imagined myself on a island and thought about how I would survive and who would make the best person to be trapped on the island with. I've run down a list of skills and such that I think would be important to help me either
A. survive on the island
or
B. figure out how to get the hell off it.

Last night while at a concert I closed my eyes and I could see myself slow dancing in my apartment. Which may sound entirely unexciting but for me it was an absolutely lovely scene, and really- you don't get to judge my fantasies.

Of course there are much racier scenarios that get played out in my head too. But I'm not going to share those with you, (The you being the internet at large, you don't need to know that much of my business-ok.)

I'm curious, if you don't fantasize/daydream what do you think about all the time?

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At March 11, 2007 8:10 PM, Blogger Ian said…

    Hmmm... and what did I say when you were talking to me? No doubt I was witty, charming and debonaire.

    My daydreams mostly involve not having to work at my current job, or involve me being on stage or in front of a camera. Both at once would be nice. :-{>

     
  • At March 12, 2007 8:47 AM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Of course you were witty and debonaire! And you were wearing a top hat and walking a large merle great dane.

    Very classy.

     
  • At March 15, 2007 9:45 PM, Blogger me said…

    My first concert ever was a Monkee's show- I think I was in about 4th grade and my best friends dad took us :) I sat very near the same seats several years later for a Marilyn Manson concert :) No - I don't like his music but I suspected it would be quite a show- and it was!

    I don't really daydream I guess but I have 100 new ideas every day (my doctor calls it ADD- but I think it's lucky :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home