Zippy

Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and bought a road bike. It's so fun and quick, so very different than my hybrid. My hybrid bike is heavy and slow and to be honest I've been hating it so much that I haven't ridden it at all this summer. It just wasn't what I wanted, I wanted speed and lightness.

This morning I went for a very short ride, since my ass is currently protesting the hard seat. I have no idea how fast I went or how far but I do know that it felt faster and really, isn't perception everything?

Perhaps it's entirely dorktastic but I like to name my bikes, cars, ipods, kitchenaid mixers. I think it has to do with the fact that I usually outlay a huge amount of cash for these items (well, it's a huge amount of cash to me). I've mentioned that I named the MG Bernard, my Kitchenaid is named Lucille, and now I've named my new road bike Francine.

Labels:

Comments

3 Comments:

  • At August 13, 2009 11:16 AM, Blogger Amblus said…

    Congratulations! I like Francine.

     
  • At August 15, 2009 12:35 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I name everything I own! Congrats on Francine. Don't fall off!

     
  • At August 26, 2009 6:51 PM, Anonymous Jemima said…

    I quite like Lucille. We have considered naming The Tyrant that, provided it's not a boy, in which case I prefer Shalomar Vindaloo Erasmus Marmaduke Jammy-Jams. I will dress him in pithe helmets.

    Are you all signed up for the Fall triathlons? God, you're brave. I'm all quivery at the idea of signing up at the Y for winter swimming.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home