Barely functional

Ok, so clearly I bored everyone with my post about running. So in retaliation I'll make you read a boring bit about my weekend. Bear with me I'm not my usual witty self... I'm so freaking tired right now I can barely sit upright. I've spent the last 4 days moving in 90+ degree heat. Moving oneself by oneself can be a long, laborious undertaking. My friends helped move the large bits but the rest has been up to me.

Tonight I spent longer than I care to discuss cleaning my old apartment. I want that fucking deposit back. I still need to finish cleaning the oven, wash the floors and baseboards and then I'm DONE. Oh and move 4 boxes out of the damn garage. Then I'll be really done.

Lets not even touch on the fact that I've been so tired that all my stuff is piled around me in the new apartment none of it put away.

Shall I mention that my parents are coming for a visit this weekend? Because just a bit of added pressure to heap onto the pile to get things put away. Yeah, if it doesn't happen my parents can just suck it up and deal.

The best part about moving, I drove the big ass Uhaul truck. It was wickedly fun. Oh, and moving all the major furniture only took 1 hour and 20 minutes. Which meant my lovely friends and I enjoyed a celebratory beer at 11:20am on Saturday. Oh, and my new neighbor saw us drinking and decided to come down and introduce himself (and his wife) and join us in the beer consuming. Awesome.

See, I loved driving the truck (not bad looking for not wearing a lick of makeup, having been sweating for a couple of hours, no?):


And my awesome friends enjoying a frosty cold one post move, although Dan (the dude in the middle) is looking not entirely happy:

Labels: , ,

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At June 10, 2008 1:23 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    I am so jealous that you got to drive the big truck.
    Also? I am jealous of your heat. We are having unseasonably cold weather right now and it is making me want to kill people.

     
  • At June 15, 2008 9:18 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    There's something strangely empowering about driving a U-Haul. I don't know what it is. But I loved driving one from Montana to Idaho.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home