Tri-Suit Up!

I've not talked about triathlons at all this season for the simple reason I wasn't sure I was going to do one this season. The plan all along had been to do the one I did last year and another one in later August. Except then I lost my drive, it was like I couldn't bear the thought of training; all those hours logged in the gym when I could be laying on my couch stuffing myself full of salt and vinegar potato chips mourning my sad, pathetic love life. Even before the love life meltdown I was struggling with the idea of more tri's, which is odd because I LOVED doing the one last year.

So really I can't explain why in my head I decided to not do any this summer.

But yet, here I am looking at Tri schedules and swimsuits and a new tri top.

This could end in total disaster because I've not biked in at least 2 months, nor have a run lately. Swimming though is never something I'm worried about even though the only time I've donned a swimsuit lately was to get into my friend's hot tub. Really, on the whole I'm going to have to work very fucking hard for the next two months to make this a go.

Oh, and fit that in with working 2 jobs, a move (not a single item packed yet), plus a trip to Texas for my brother's deployment (which I don't even like to think about).

I think I'm fucking insane.

Labels: , ,

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2008 8:46 PM, Blogger Lincoln said…

    You can do it.
    I'm volunteering at an aid station for a triathlon in Boise on Saturday. I'll be thinking of you.

     
  • At May 30, 2008 10:28 AM, Blogger Shannon Erin said…

    I'm struggling with close to the same set of problems right now. What triathlon are you thinking about doing? I really want to do another. I'm thinking maybe that would be the way to get my lazy ass back in gear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home