Staccato

I'm exhausted. From dating.

For real. It's mentally tasking to talk and talk and talk about yourself (or them) and possibly have it lead no where and have to repeat the whole process again in a few weeks. Maybe my apathy is an indicator that the upcoming date I've got might not go well. I'm trying not shoot myself in the foot here, but this is the third date I've had in the last month and half and I'm worried I'm nearing jaded.

Which doesn't sound like a lot, but really, for this town it practically makes me a jezabell-esque sloot. If this doesn't pan out well, then I might have to give the actively dating scene a rest. And yes, I've heard it always happens when you've stopped looking but really that's bullshit because I didn't look for damn near three years and all I got out of it what some serious pent up sexual tension.

And then there is the funny, apparently gravational pull, that the last guy I really liked and I seem to have towards each other. In the last week I've run into him no less than 4 times, and this is a guy I hadn't run into for a least a month. I'm pretty sure that he's about to get a restraining order, but that could be because I like to stand outside his bedroom window at night and stare at him.

That is going to be the thought I'm going to leave you with for this long holiday weekend, I'm off work tomorrow for a lovely 4 day weekend so I hope everyone enjoys their annual break from labor. Drink up.

Labels:

Comments

5 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2007 3:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you're brilliant. Come to Chicago...

    oriolesinsider.com

     
  • At August 30, 2007 4:12 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Interesting, I've never been called brilliant before. I admit I like it, I guess I'm a sucker for pretty compliments.

    Also crabcakes and beer and baseball? Does it really get any better than that? I think not.

     
  • At August 31, 2007 10:59 AM, Blogger Shannon Erin said…

    I've been trying to write about how I feel about dating for some time now but haven't been able to find the right words. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one who finds it exhausting. Thank you.

    I haven't stood outside a boys room and stared at him for some time now. I'm hoping I find someone worthy soon.

     
  • At August 31, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    This is me reading this post:

    "Yes. Uh huh. Yes-so true. Yes. Holy crap I just peed." That's when I got to this sentence:

    "I'm pretty sure that he's about to get a restraining order, but that could be because I like to stand outside his bedroom window at night and stare at him."

    Awesome!

    Okay Seriously will become super interesting in a couple months when I have to start internet dating because I promised my mom at New Year's. Who's ready for those stories??

     
  • At September 01, 2007 12:48 PM, Blogger Skeezix said…

    Shannon, I actually wrote a longer triste on dating but I just can't bring myself to talk about it that much. Also it was really self-indulgent and woe-is-me, and no one really needs to hear that much whining from me.

    Sarah, I cannot wait for those post to start rolling in. They are going to be awesome, I'm sure of it. Actually I think you need to have Steph go along as a chaperone, or at least a spy and have her take notes anthropological style.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home