Fever. Of the spring variety.

I've got it, and I've got it REAL bad.

I want to laze about in the sun, or not laze but just be out of the office. I nearly drove off the road with my co-worker in my car because I saw a new patio bar open in town. I wanted to pull over with her the car and force (although I'm sure she would be willing) to blow off the rest of this beautiful afternoon and drink adult beverages.

I'm leaving work early as it is to go home and work on my garden so I'll get my fix. But like any good junkie, I know I could always use another hit.

I totally realize that this and the previous posts have discussed my addictions and their ability to rule my thought processes. And my wallet.

Also I'm completely aware of the startling frequency with which I've started sentences with the the word "I" in this post. I don't give a care.

Damnit, I need a cocktail.

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    My affliction is so bad that I don't even want to garden. I want to sleep on a blanket in the shade and avoid the world.

     
  • At May 05, 2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Ian said…

    Summer is finally starting to hit here in Toronto. The tables and chairs have now magically appeared on the patio at the Greek restaurant at the foot of my street. Souvlaki and cocktails is the plan for the evening. Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home