A post in which I even bore myself

I have been entirely meaning to write more but I just cannot seem to get my ass in gear at all. Everything lately seems to move very slowly and it's all I can do to get my laundry put away. Or not. I've had a bunch of it sitting in basket for 2 weeks now. Crappity crap crap.

Instead, I seem to be practicing the sort of things that would make a person you'd want to be married to in case of an apocalypse. I spent the whole of the Labor day weekend knitting, canning and refinishing furniture. Really, come on over once all hell breaks loose- I'll have whiskey and vodka and knit you things while preparing a meal from homemade canned goods.

Granted, I only canned one jar of tomatoes this weekend...I thought for sure I'd get two out what I brought home from the farmer's market. This weekend I plan on buying a boatload more, since I'd like to think that my homemade canned tomatoes will be better than what I get from the store. I might try to oven roast some of them to concentrate their flavor and make it deeper.



I also canned up a couple more jars of pickled okra. Because one can never have too much pickled okra- delicious for eating straight from the jar or in your Bloody Mary.

When I moved my parents brought me a table from my grandparents basement. A table that my grandfather had randomly drilled holes into and splashed a million different types of paint on. It was a dingy green color and in need of some serious loving care. After scraping off the layers and layers of paint, removing a few random nails and filling all the holes I was ready to paint.

Before:



After:



Oh my, this is boring isn't it? Fuck, it really is. I'm sitting here reading my own crap and drifting off.

So whatever. I painted, knitted a bunch and canned some food.







Really, I think whatever I write will not compare to the drama surrounding the Republican VP nominee. It's like the best lifetime movie ever. I can't get enough of it.

As usual the best commentary is coming from The Daily Show:

Labels: , ,

Comments

2 Comments:

  • At September 05, 2008 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Re The Daily Show, I freaking KNOW. I've nearly peed myself every night.

    I'll have you know that if we were both gay, we would be like the cutest damned lesbot couple ever. We would do EVERYTHING together...knitting, swimming, running, biking, and this Sunday, I actually have a tomato canning class (wriggles with glee), so then we could sit in the kitchen and can stuff together too. Until you decided that enough is enough and stabbed me in the eye because I never shut up. A judge would totally be on your side.

     
  • At September 05, 2008 2:39 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    I wish I could get it together enough to can some tomatoes.
    My mom just canned 70lbs of tomatoes. She's crazy like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home